Venue: The Olympic Room, Aylesbury Vale District Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF
Contact: Alice Fisher; Email: email@example.com;
Temporary Changes to Membership
Any changes will be reported at the meeting.
There were none.
To approve as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 5 December 2016.
That the minutes of the meeting held on 5 December 2016 be approved as a correct record.
To consider the report attached.
It was reported that the committee had considered a number of items over the past two years. These included:-
· Strategic Infrastructure Planning
· Aylesbury Vale Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan
· Aylesbury Vale Broadband and Business Plan
· Business Skills and Training Update
· Aylesbury Vale Economic Updates
· Responding to Business Needs
· Enterprise Zone Updates
· Aylesbury Vale Estates Business Plan 2015/2016 and 2016/17
· Strategic Economic Development Priorities
· Waterside North next phases
· Town Centre Partnership
· Aylesbury Town Centre Plan
Tracey Aldworth introduced Claire Britton to the Committee. Claire had been recruited as Economic Development and Delivery Manager and recruitment for other posts within the her team was being undertaken.
It was noted that the main focus for the future was in growing the economy in the Vale and the scale of productivity post Brexit. Of national interest was the Green Paper on Building our Industrial Strategy. The consultation on this had now closed.
Other areas to focus on in the future were East/West Rail and the Oxford Cambridge Expressway.
Members felt it would be useful to invite an officer from BCC Highways to a future meeting to discuss business needs and associated infrastructure. They also suggested looking into the future of electric vehicles in the Vale, with perhaps having representatives of Catapult Transport Systems being invited to a future meeting.
That the Members noted the business undertaken by the committee over the past two years and that this would inform the work programme for the forthcoming year.
To consider a future work programme in light of the discussions on the previous item.
It was noted that there had not been a work programme for the committee for some while. However Tracey Aldworth had prepared a work programme for the remainder of the Council year and this was circulated to the committee.
After some discussion regarding Broadband, the financial sector and Enterprise Zones it was agreed that the meetings for the remainder of 2017/18 should include:-
6 September 2017
· Aylesbury Vale Enterprise Zone Progress Report
· Aylesbury Vale Broadband Business Plan
· Buckinghamshire Skills Strategy
31 October 2017
· Car Parking Strategy
· Strategic Economic Plans
· Connected Counties Broadband Update
22 November 2017
· Aylesbury Town Centre Plan Update
· Budget Report
· AVE Business Plan (or Jan)
17 January 2018
· National Infrastructure Commission – Oxford to Cambridge Corridor
· AVE Business Plan (or Nov)
· AVDC Economic Development Strategy
13 March 2018
That the work programme for the remainder of 2017/18 as noted above be agreed.