Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the plans to bring forward improvement schemes for Kingsbury and Market Square, Aylesbury, as summarised in the Cabinet report, be endorsed.
(2) That Council be recommended to approve a package of funding in support of the proposals as follows:-
· The use of unallocated Section 106 monies for Aylesbury Town Centre totalling £1m.
· An application for Heritage Funding Townscape grants (£2M).
· Use of New Homes Bonus monies totalling £1.5m (to be increased to meet any shortfall from the application for Heritage Lottery Funding).
(b) Reason(s) for Decision(s)
To facilitate the improvements referred to in the Cabinet report.
(c) Alternative Options Considered
To do nothing. But this was considered to be contrary to the Council’s overall master plan for regenerating the town centre.
(d) Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Finance and Services Committee. A similar report was submitted to that Committee on 9 July. A summary of the Committee’s comments was circulated at the meeting and Cabinet indicated that the suggestions, where appropriate would be taken into account as schemes were developed. This matter is not subject to call-in as Cabinet’s recommendations will now be submitted to Council.
(e) Conflicts of Interest / Dispensation(s)
Report author: Teresa Lane
Publication date: 12/07/2018
Date of decision: 10/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 10/07/2018 - Cabinet