Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) That the work that the Council had and was undertaking on environmental issues as summarised in the Cabinet report, be noted.
(2) That work on future environmental actions should continue until vesting day for the new unitary authority and should focus on:-
· Providing environmental leadership.
· Supporting local initiatives.
· Working in partnership.
(3) That Council be recommended to make available up to £60,000 to facilitate the continuance of AVDC’s environmental initiatives programme.
(b) Reason(s) for Decision(s)
Cabinet feels that as global climate challenges continue to increase, it is imperative that locally the Council maintains the momentum of the environmental improvements AVDC has delivered.
(c) Alternative Options Considered
There are a number of options that the Council could pursue and these ill be determined in the light of the budget available.
(d) Relevant Scrutiny Committee
Environment and Living. However as this matter will be discussed by full Council, it is not subject to call-in.
(e) Conflicts of Interest / Dispensation(s)
Publication date: 16/09/2019
Date of decision: 11/09/2019
Decided at meeting: 11/09/2019 - Cabinet